Reef Check Kelp Forest Monitoring Training Course
- Min of 30 logged dives
- Min of 15 logged dives in cold water(hoods and gloves)
- Min of 6 dives within the last year
- You need to be 16 or older to ride this ride!
- Rescue diver cert from any agency
This course involves 4 Zoom academic sessions and 2 Weekends of dive training in the Monterey/Carmel area.
- Online Training Sessions: 6:30pm – 8pm March 13, 20, 27 and Apr 3
- Ocean Field Sessions: (start times TBD) Apr 6-7 and Apr 13-14
Dive training will happen in Monterey and possibly Carmel areas. Directions to the sites will be provided during initial zoom class meetings. Liability and paperwork is signed at the Scuba Fusion Dive Center in San Mateo or with the Reef Check instructor during the first Zoom class sessions.
Academics for this program are entirely lecture based through Zoom or other portal. Students will reference research materials provided such as the Reef Check Kelp Forest Monitoring student guide, dive slate, and underwater datasheets.
Diving gear is not included in the price.
All necessary training and research materials, from the Reef Check Kelp Forest Monitoring student guide, dive slate, and underwater datasheets, will be provided. Participants are required to bring their own complete dive gear, including weights and tanks, along with additional essentials such as a flashlight, cutting device, and clips for securing the slate to their BC.