Apeks XTX50 Regulator
Before the XTX range of regulators came along, the ATX models ruled the seas. The Apeks ATX regulator is still available today and offers a fully balanced first and second stage with cold water capability (can be used in all temperatures including those below 10 C / 50 F).
• This popular first stage has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose
• The first stage is over-balanced resulting in a higher medium pressure at each depth. This translates to a very responsive, easy breathing regulator.
• Since this pneumatically balanced second stage is part of the XTX family, it has left /right reversibility providing multiple regulator configurations
• Features the innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) System allowing the diver to change from a large exhaust tee to a smaller exhaust tee. The larger exhaust tee provides the best exhaust bubble dispersion while the smaller tee is lighter weight and compact, both are included with the regulator.
• Using the venturi control lever, the diver can prevent unwanted free flow when the regulator is out of the mouth and achieve a venturi boost while diving
• Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob
• Suitable for cold water use
• Compatible to EAN 40 new, out of the box
APEKS XTX50 Regulator ADDITIONAL DETAILS
The XTX50 uses the DST first stage equipped with the unique over-balanced, diaphragm. When the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth. 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports on a rotating turret are angled for optimum hose routing. An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out. Suitable for cold water use (below 10 C / 50 F). Compatible with EAN40 out of the box. Available in DIN and yoke.
The Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
A 2-stage progressive purge
is used – press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
The large venturi lever
has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation. Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
Oh but there’s more
The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae. A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator. The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue. A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water. Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple.
XTX50 Vs XTX200 Regulators
California residents please click here for Proposition 65 WARNING